These privileges are compiled from various sources on neuro typicality and my own experience with mental health issues. They’re not perfect, but they’re close enough for now.
If you are struggling with some of life’s toughest issues and don’t know where to start check out this advice for some peace of mind.
If you love yourself then always remember that these things will happen eventually to your personal life.
- You will be free from the outside influences of the people who don’t understand you.
- You will see the power of loving yourself.
- You will succeed in everything you attempt.
- You’ll eventually feel better.
- No depression, no anxiety.
- Your happiness will spread joy to others.
- and More..
Start practicing self-care and with that in mind, here are 30 reasons to do it so.
Mental Health Checklist for Your Daily Needs
1. Read, daily
2. Take a walk every day for 100 extra steps.
3. Appreciate yourself, every morning
4. If you can meditate, then definitely do so; otherwise, check out some alternatives for meditation.
5. Make sure your brain stays active by doing something else besides thinking about yourself.
6. Look out your window, enjoy the view, watch birds fly by, feel the breeze
7. Talk to someone who has positive energy and enthusiasm for life.
8. Find a mentor and seek coaching
9. If you want to be an artist, just paint.
10. Good songs heal. Listen to them!
11. Reward yourself for achieving a personal goal by doing something fun or indulging in something you enjoy.
12. Laugh a lot
13. Watch a comedy
14. Turn away your anger by practicing mindfulness.
15. Patience is an important skill for success.
16. A breathing exercise, called pranayama, is my favorite.
17. Try cutting out unhealthy foods from your diet for a week. After a week, you will notice improvements in your health.
18. Say a big no to sodas, instead, drink more water.
19. Gratitude journaling, daily
20. Forget about the past, live for today.
21. Install an app called Wordament and spend at least 10 minutes every single night playing it. Your brain will be grateful for it!
22. Help older people, if they need it
23. Water a plant
24. Forgive one person, daily
25. Before bed, say no to phones for at least an hour.
26. Take some me-‐timing breaks every day.
27. Practice Self-love
28. Live in the NOW!
29. Read about infinite happiness.
30. Do Yoga
When Should You Seek Profissional Help?
If you experience three or four of the next symptoms for a prolonged period of time, don’t hesitate to seek professional medical attention. There are many different types of health professionals who can provide you with support and treatment options.
- It’s hard for you to concentrate or focus on your job.
- You feel more overwhelmed or stressed than usual.
- You’re relying on drugs or alcohol to deal with your stress.
- You’re withdrawing from people and things that you used to enjoy doing.
- You’re not sleeping well or you sleep too much.
- You’re having unexplained pain.
- You’ve suddenly lost or gained weight.
- You’re experiencing intrusive memories or flashbacks.
- You feel hopeless or powerless most of the time.
- You’re thinking about hurting yourself or someone else.
Only those who are struggling with some kind of mental illness will understand how some day’s questions are more complicated to answer than others, but be strong and hang in there. If you search for professional help and keep calm eventually everything will return to normal.